13 Apr Commercial Trainee/Junior Trader
Interested? Apply for this vacancy!
Commercial Trainee/Junior Trader
Part of Cefetra Group, Cefetra Limited is one of the major traders of grains and animal feed raw materials in the UK and Ireland.
With long-term arrangements at strategically selected import facilities with a specialised network of suppliers, objective market analysis and a trusted approach to quality and sustainability, it is ideally positioned to meet customer requirements whilst reducing risk and increasing efficiency.
With 700,000 tonnes of storage capacity supported by state-of-the-art processing technology, the business dispatches between 85,000 – 90,000 tonnes of raw materials to industry partners every week and delivers up to 600 lorry loads per day. Its products are used for animal feed and throughout the food and drink sector, supplying product to some of the largest food producers in sectors such as dairy, beef, lamb, poultry, pork, salmon, beer, bread, biscuits, breakfast cereals and pet food.
Parent organisation ‘Cefetra Group’ delivers more than 25 million tonnes of agri-feed per annum and is Europe’s largest agri-service and trading business, serving customers from its 29 offices in 19 different countries, with revenues of over €4 billion.
Initially, the main purpose of the role will be to support the performance of the Domestic Grains Trading Desk by taking responsibility for and improving administrative and commercial functionality. The commercial trainee will report directly to the trading team and will receive on the desk training on UK grain markets and how they are traded. In time, the role will progress to take on more commercial and trading responsibility.
Role & Responsibilities – key outputs :
- Maintaining / improving spreadsheets which extract trading data from central database and display in custom, user-friendly format
- Monitoring specific trading spreads / strategies – tracking past performance and recording Profit & Loss
- Updating the live financial feeds used by the trading teams
- Keeping farm pricing spreadsheets up to date with intraday market moves
- Preparing tailor made pricing communication to be sent to customers
- Acting as point of contact on the trading desk for calls / correspondence from origination team / external customers and others
- Working closely with traders to develop commercial understanding of their markets and how they are traded
- Build strong commercial relationships with external customers
Personal Capabilities – key outputs :
- Previous trading preferred: 1-2 years experience (any product financial or physical)
- Graduate degree in Maths / Economics / Business or similar discipline
- Genuine and demonstrable interest in markets / trading
- Logical thinker with strong numeracy skills and a results-oriented focus
- Team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills – the ability to communicate with impact at all levels
- Assertive, with strong self-motivation and the ability to set challenging goals
- Attention to detail with the ability to make fast and accurate decisions under pressure
Working Conditions: The job will be based at the UK Head Office in Glasgow, though visits to other Cefetra offices or to customers may be required from time to time
To apply: email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org